- Street Address:
- 7128 Ada Boulevard
- Mailing Address:
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- Postal Code:
- T5B 4E4
- (780) 479-9220
- (780) 378-8460
- Toll Free:
- 1-866-479-5200 x220
Please Note: This page is maintained by the institution, and was last updated on 2018-09-25.
Concordia University of Edmonton is a community of learning grounded in scholarship and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, reflective servants in their occupations, and citizens for the common good.
Does not offer online programming.
Is actively recruiting home educated students.
Is endorsed by Education Unlimited as Home-Education Friendly.
Home Education Admission Policy/Process/Procedure
Directives are intended for students who lack Alberta Programs of Study Accreditation and serve only as guidelines when seeking or preparing for admission equivalents (alternatives) to Alberta 30 level requirements.
Specific admission requirements vary with programs.
Concordia considers applications from home-schooled and home educated applicants. All applicants are assessed on an individual basis and are treated on their own merits. We appreciate the uniqueness of the home school environment and provide the following admission routes as a guideline for your benefit but also understand that your situation may be different so please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your admission circumstances.
Home-schooled and home educated applicants are offered the following admission routes:
1. Admission to Arts, Management*, or Science* degree program by presenting a Home-School Portfolio with the application for admission, which should contain but is NOT limited to the following elements:
- Evidence of prior learning from Grades 10 through 12.
- Statements of results from Grades 10 through 12.
- At minimum three writing samples from your grade 12 work (from literature works studied).
The portfolio should also contain one of the following:
- A brief essay (1000-2500 words) describing the value of your home-schooling experience
- An entrance video production with supporting written storyboard.
An interview may also be requested.
To strengthen your application we encourage you to provide a confidential letter of recommendation from an impartial source, such as a home education coordinator, indicating your academic readiness for a university-level program of studies and method of homeschooling followed.
2. Demonstrating the required admission average in the five 30 level courses for required subjects in your program of choice* (See Management & Science prerequisite requirements)
3. Admission to an Arts, Management*, or Science* degree program by completing a minimum of one year of full-time study in a diploma program at a recognized college, technical institute, or bible college in addition to their home-schooling program. Applicants must achieve a satisfactory academic standing in that course work.
* For Management or Science Applicants
Documentation is required to determine grade 12 course prerequisites needed for admission into science or management. For each subject area, course syllabi, textbook list, and three to five academic work samples such as science laboratory reports OR results from standardized aptitude tests such as SAT or ACT.
For students seeking admission to management, prerequisite needing to be satisfied is mathematics. For students seeking admission into science, prerequisites needing to be satisfied are mathematics and two subjects from either biology, chemistry or physics.
return to Colleges Listing
Institution Administrative Login